The role of the Account Manager is to drive sales for the business in the Corporate in the Western India region through onsite visits to current clients and potential customers. This role will effectively manage and develop customers within Corporate segment using a consultative and solutions selling approach. It will involve promoting wide ranging information products in scholarly research, intellectual property and life sciences domains. The individual will be supported by marketing and prospecting teams with the overall goal of achieving demanding but realistic targets.
- Sell online information products and software, primarily in intellectual property and scholarly research domains, to R&D, Intellectual Property, Strategy and other functions within Corporate segment in Western India.
- Achieve new business sales and current revenue retention targets and meet activity goals
- Devise and implement strategies to develop the defined accounts and generate new sales
- Promote and sell our products to new customers - this involves site visits, preparing written proposals, explaining, positioning and demonstrating products, phone and email contacts, as well as exhibit activities.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Contact new leads generated from marketing campaigns, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, customer enquiry and online usage data, analyze information requirements and maximize new business revenue
- Sell in a consultative sales environment
- Deliver exceptional client service, on a consistent basis.
- Maintain an accurate and complete contact file in the sales automation system (CRM) as well as document all travel schedules, face to face meetings, phone and email contacts, and quotation activities.
- Maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes. Prepare regular sales reports and forecasts as required, including sales pipeline.
- Develop thorough knowledge of clients needs; understand customer workflows and what is important to their business.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager on a permanent or temporary basis.
- Minimum of 5 years of business-to-business sales experience in a consultative selling environment and with a consistent track record of generating new sales.
- Preference will be given to those with sales experience in the Corporate segment and/or those with experience selling information solutions intellectual property, scholarly research or life sciences domains.
- Exposure in selling to multiple industries and Indian companies as well as MNCs would be an added advantage
- Proven sales success with demonstrable over achievement of sales targets over several years
- Familiarity with navigating multiple levels of a client organization in order to establish contact with key decision makers
- A team player who is independent and takes initiative in ensuring results
- Demonstrable experience of deploying customer driven approach and good customer management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively identify new opportunities, negotiate, generate and defend business revenue.
- Willingness to travel
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:Sales, Retail, Business Development
Role Category:Channel Sales
Role:Key Account Manager
Desired Candidate Profile
Windows Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Contact Company:Windows Consultants Pvt. Ltd.